Naples is the gateway to one of America’s largest and most pristine wilderness areas and two of its most beautiful National Parks. Our hotel near the Everglades is an excellent base from which to experience this national treasure and we strongly recommend that our guests set aside a day to explore the parks.
Big Cypress National Preserve
This National Park expands 729,000 acres across Southwest Florida, neighboring the Everglades and is home to a mixture of tropical and temperate plant communities, a wide variety of wildlife and even the endangered Florida panther.
- There is an entrance to the park located on US41 (Tamiami Trail)
- A variety of activities are available and include
- Art exhibits and demonstrations
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Off-Road Vehicle Use
- Ranger-led activities
Everglades National Park
The Everglades covers over 1.5 million acres in Florida, and three counties including our own. The park is easily accessible through Everglades City.
- The closest entrance to the park from the resort is located in Everglades City
- Activities include but are not limited to
- Canoe trails
- Bird Watching
- Ranger-led programs